My Constellations

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

The 78th Academy Awards


I have been waiting for this prestigious award for a week. The excitement turns to be unbelieving situation. The truth is, I am disappointed with Oscar! Best Picture, the main award (that’s why they announce this award on the last session) goes to Crash. “Crash” has crashed down “Brokeback Mountain”. Oscar committee shows how conservative they are in appreciating movie industry. They choose safe topic such as intolerance, racism, and prejudice instead of controversial human feeling.

What happen to audience opinion? Brokeback has been talked by people around the globe. This movie awaken us to broad our horizon, our point of view about love, sensitivity, honesty, and tolerance. To open our mind beyond our thought. Is it too hard to admit the truth? I don’t think this movie disgrace cowboy nobility or the American strength. This kind of story can strike us at anytime and anywhere.

Another thing ruin me is that none of the cast win the Oscar! Best Actor (H. Ledger), Best Supporting Actor (J. Gyllenhaal), and Best Supporting Actress (M. Williams). Brokeback has the most nominations. But they only got Oscar for “behind the scene” category: director, scoring, and adapted screenplay. I just can’t believe this. It’s so obvious that Oscar committee is not serious in giving an award. This pattern is not merely coincidence, right?
They make this film as if the preparation is good but the presentation is suck. We, the audience, will be more excited if the actor won the award cos we connected directly to them and most of us know nothing about movie technique. I don’t even know why the screenplay is divided into original screenplay and adapted screenplay.
Well, award is just an award to me. Good thing I’ve learn is that I know more about Film appreciation and stuff.

Share/Save/Bookmark

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home