My Constellations

Friday, July 21, 2006

Loud Speaker for Identity Crisis

I don’t know who started or when it starts first, there’s something occurred in my place which is personally not acceptable to me. I know some of you wouldn’t understand what I’m talking about because this is certainly a local customs or manners issue. As Balinese Hinduism, we have several ritual/ceremony for God that is performed in different time among us. It depends on place and time based on Hinduism calendar.

The situation I regret is when a group of people usually one big family held a ritual, they set loud speaker in their house to air chanting or something to do with ritual music stuff.

WHAT THE POINT WITH THAT??
Looking for attention is the point, I guess.
Some of us follow something that is not suitable for our sake. It looks silly to me. In Mosque, there’s a loudspeaker to remind Muslim to perform ritual prayers. Using loudspeaker still make sense because at that specific time, every Muslim in this planet is praying. And now a group of Balinese people implant loudspeaker too, who they gonna remain but their own selves in radius about 20 m? Beside in Mosque (this is the important part), they stake the loudspeaker in the highest place of the building (the Mosque mostly is a big building) so the sound come out from loudspeaker will not interrupt the neighbors.

Back to this ignorance people, if we stake the loudspeaker in the ordinary house, which is usually small to medium building, it certainly annoying the neighbors. After all, sometimes the loudspeaker still on air at midnight, the time we should have rest.
Why should we need people attention when we’re connecting to God? God ritual is internal need not external need. It would be the same as a people who told everyone how generous he was after giving money to the poor. There’s no spiritual essence left.

The bottom line is I think we’ve through an identity crisis here. If I comfort to my self I won’t do such thing to attract people attention especially in a silly way. Moreover we have to be selfish by airing high decibel sound that could injure people ears. Sound from a close loudspeaker certainly is not the same as home theatre or orchestra. Thanks God, none of my big family member proposes to set loudspeaker for our God ritual. Fiuhhhh...

Anyway, this is not a religion matter but merely a customs issue. I hope this customs will not become a trend. We supposed to be wiser to think and act and never let pride or ego spoiled us.

Last movie watched: The Machinist
(Gosh, Christian Bale just likes escaping from Nazi Concentration Camp! The rib, jaw, and back bone stood out. Ewww... Dark movie but bring us a lesson to bad deed we might done. Just an inspiration thought, if I could have more weight maybe I look better ^_^)

Share/Save/Bookmark

8 Comments:

  • Dear Ady, it is a broken keyboard that I used to type the comment. No wonder you will find no line break here - only blank spaces between paragpraphs. If only the space button were also broken, I would use hyphen (-) to separate the paragraphs. These workarounds may works, nonetheless the result is not always like what it should be. That is the case when we have to live with the technologies we do not mastered . We dont really know whether we had used it in a suitable method. IN another perspective, since you dont know the writer of this comment well, you might be annoyed with this messy formatted message, or you might think of me as the super-ego person to force you read this anyway. But lets say that if you and I were engaged in a close relation, more than just another neighbour next-door, but a (far) family or a 'once very close' partner ( in business or crisis), and herecome this comment, what would you think of me? Would you put a cute smile at your face while reading and at the sametime feeling the difficulties of typing in a broken kyboard [with no Enter, BackSpace, Left/Right/Up/Down arrow buttons] ? Well,, if you already had the perspectives I'm trying to picture it for you, you will be wonder of who is actually have the crisis :p

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 22, 2006 10:13 PM  

  • Hi,..
    I think I know who you are, But I'm not sure.
    Can I ask you a question?
    Have you ever borrow my DVDs? :)

    By Blogger Adee, at July 23, 2006 12:34 PM  

  • ehm...interesting conversation...

    anyway....I think I gave the comment about machinist earlier..no?

    Well now you know why I wan confused to find christian bale in the begining of the movie..hihihi

    By Blogger Ully, at July 23, 2006 4:05 PM  

  • please feel free to submit your question while there is a chance to have the answer. oh - btw, the answer is yes, i did give a comment on your 'stone age' article. It's a nice writing that you have there. You must be having too much of leisure time ^_^

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 24, 2006 8:08 PM  

  • To Ully:
    Yep, He's so thin. I wonder how he lose his weight.

    To ***** :)
    Thank you. Now, I am trying to have more leisure time so I can post many interesting writings :D

    By Blogger Adee, at July 30, 2006 10:35 AM  

  • Here are some links that I believe will be interested

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 08, 2006 8:08 PM  

  • I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 12, 2006 11:58 AM  

  • Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 17, 2006 5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home