My Constellations

Friday, July 14, 2006

Self Healing

Doctor in my office clinic said I got positive Dengue Fever symptoms. She found petechia (a small red or purple spot on the body, caused by a minor hemorrhage) on my arms, I feel severe headache and nausea. She told me to perform blood test in the hospital.

It was busy time on that day. I don’t have any breakfast and I just recovered from flu. That is why I feel headache and nausea. So... the best way to get rest is go to the clinic. Damn, I should eat something before go to work. It’s too late to eat. I need rest. And finally... I have that shocking news. But weird thing is my blood pressure is good, my body temperature is fine (no fever), and no pain in joint or muscular. I told her I’ve got flu in the past seven days.

I was a little bit stress not because of Dengue Fever that could possibly make me lay down hopelessly accompanied with intravenous fluids in one of hospital bedroom (since I don’t believe what doctor said). But I was stress of Blood Testing!!! They will suck my blood! They will stick needle right through my vessel blood! It must hurt. What if the nurse is inexperience so she will stick me several times. Arrrggghh....

Why should I end this day by having blood testing? :(
When I entered emergency room, every time the nurse wants to stick the needle to my arm, I said “hold on, please...” and sigh. It happened twice. I know it started irritated her and she said “Just close you eyes, okay. Make a fist!”. My God!! What should I do? Hiks, my eyes glistened. Ok, take whatever you want, blood sucking.

Well...apparently, it doesn’t hurt that bad. He he he... like ant bite. I feel like a dumb. Forgive me for my ignorance. After waiting for 15 minutes, doctor said my blood status is good. My platelets (thrombocytes) are 200.000 per mm3. A normal platelet count in a healthy person is between 150,000 and 400,000 per mm3 of blood. He gave me vitamin (Imunos) and I can go home free. What about the petechia, headache, and nausea? He diagnosed I was recovered from Dengue Fever. My brain and body need lots of nutrition. Take a rest, drink a lot, and eat a lot.

It just funny, show time of my dengue fever should be the “fever it self” not the “recovery”. Whether it is misdiagnosed or not, I am grateful. As I said before, only the body's immune system can effectively destroy the virus. Doctor/hospital just gives you vitamin or paracetamol to reduce the symptoms and intravenous fluids to prevent dehydration. That’s it.
Lesson learned I got is eat and drink a lot after recovering from illness. Give appreciation to your body after having hard battle. And don't wait till you feel hungry.
I feel like a vampire for this couple day. Every time I got a little dizzy, I will find sweet drink as soon as possible. I prefer drinking than eating to supply nutrition. It needs less effort and time.

Last movie watched: Brokeback Mountain (After reading the short story, I want to watch the movie again)

Share/Save/Bookmark

6 Comments:

  • I just watched superman return. really want to review it, but don't have much time...:(

    By Blogger Ully, at July 17, 2006 1:39 PM  

  • You're such a busy gal nowadays. Is it good?
    The main actors is not too popular or newcomer. As you know, one of my criteria to watch movie is "The actor" :D

    By Blogger Adee, at July 21, 2006 3:15 PM  

  • here comes this silly anonymous again :p --- and i have just found that blank spaces won't work in this blogger --- well, this is a little ( or a much of little ) bit too late to review Superman Returns, but I hesitate of not doing it :) --- - - - - THe Movie is bad and ugly. It is not deserved to be watched by kids - since violence to SUperman in the cryptionite island by Lex Luthor's men is cruelly shown. - - - - the actor's perform is humble - comparing to Spiderman . - - - - - - - - - - - and the love story is too much realistic - it kills a lover's dream of long and lasting love. - - - - - - - at summary, you will not feeling sorry to miss these movies : Superman Retuirsn, XMen III, and Fast and FUrous Tokyo Drift.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 22, 2006 10:25 PM  

  • aduh aduh, diriku mau comment gini sebenernya.. "adhee, you forgot to comment on our own miss indonesia :)",
    lha tapi kok semua malah koment tentang film yak?

    aye aye, mr anonymous, I coudnt agree more. I am very disappointed with superman. It's not comparable to smallville.

    By Blogger tantri, at July 31, 2006 11:27 PM  

  • Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 12, 2006 3:54 PM  

  • Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 17, 2006 9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home