My Constellations

Friday, August 11, 2006

Food Substitute

We often got free snack especially from the female employees. Sometimes they brought us traditional food such as rujak, plecing, or boiled cakes when they go outside for official purpose or just want to get some fresh air. Sometimes they intentionally brought food from home. Woman just loves snacking :).

My working time mostly is in door with the male employees. I can’t go outside however I want since I am a newbie. And plus there’s no Balinese food stall in my neighborhood. So I think I am the only female employee who never gives free snack in the office. Nobody complain and it’s not a necessary thing, but I wanna give contribution too.

One day in the morning when the sun shines and bird chirping, on the way to the office, I bought something. I bought ....... a newspaper.
As I arrive to the office, I put the newspaper on my desk and everybody who has a free time can read it. At first they thought the newspaper is library property but since it always appears in my desk on each morning, they finally aware who the owner. Newspaper reading access becomes easier. We don’t have to go to the library anymore.

When I’m working on the computer sometimes I heard people talking about the news they read instead of gossiping:
5.1 Richter scale earthquake has shaken Denpasar and its environs at 22 pm. But I don’t feel anything (Hmmm... they said until the Richer scale)
Wow, the most expensive hand phone came from Russia. It’s adorned with rare blue diamond!
See ladies, don’t drink coffee to much. It will make your bone porous." (They know woman more risky than man in getting osteoporosis).

Once I forgot to take the newspaper out of my bag and my next desk co-worker said, “Hey Adee, do you bring newspaper today?” I said,” It’s in my bag. Just take it”.
And now, most of the employees take turn reading my newspaper.
We have enough foods, we got enough information, and working happily.

To me, by reading newspaper “nearly” everyday, I finally know who the mayor of Denpasar :). I started to remember Bali have 9 regencies :D. I must live on the other planet over the past 8 years. Well, at least it wasn’t loss spending money for papers with columns.
Now I know Microwave need at least 1300 V to operate. If you don’t set/adjust your home voltage limit then your house will get heart attack. Microwave oven will suck your home voltage like a black hole.

P.S.
rujak = fruit salad with sweet and hot sauce
plecing = assorted vegetable with fermented shrimp and spicy sauce

Last movie watched: The Good Girl
(The conversation and the action in this movie sometimes makes me smile. It just funny to see the attractive Jennifer Aniston change 180° wearing old fashion jeans with vest. Somehow, I started to like hearing Texas accent. There’s tough scene at the end but overall, it still happy ending).

Share/Save/Bookmark

5 Comments:

  • old fashioned jeans = yang ujungnya mengecil itu ya? hihihi gw juga cekikikan pas liat....

    By Blogger Ully, at August 15, 2006 11:41 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Ully, at August 15, 2006 11:42 PM  

  • Benar sekali, Ul.
    Jadi bener-bener kayak penjaga toko di tempat terpencil. Good wardrobe & acting. Justru saat pakai pakaian rumah, kerennya Jennifer Aniston kelihatan. Aku sih awalnya nonton ini karena ada Jake Gyllenhaal he he. He's cute.

    By Blogger Adee, at August 17, 2006 11:42 PM  

  • It sounds like you found a good solution by bringing the newspaper for everyone to share. That's a great idea!

    By Blogger Laura-Marie, at September 07, 2006 12:07 PM  

  • Rujak = i never saw u eat this kind of food :D Ngerujakkk yuuukkk

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 21, 2006 11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home