My Constellations

Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Import vs. Local

Are we destined less attractive entirely compare to the western products? Actually, this question accidently tossed when I went to the supermarket and saw series of imported fruits right in front of the access door. And where is the local fruit? Far behind as if no body interested.
We cannot argue that imported fruits have better look and taste. That's why we keen on imported fruits. Name it: apple, orange, mango, grape, banana, lychee, etc. Is it because of the soil and weather? Lucky them God bestow a good genes ;)
That's the fruit part what about the person. It's the same! Who won beauty pageant "Miss Universe" frequently? The western… Who won the Olympiade frequently? The western…
Anyway anyhow, everything has its superiority and lack. Depend on our way to perceive. I still love local mango for rujak (fruit salad with pungent dressing), I still love kebaya (Indonesian traditional woman's blouse), I still love a local man (to think of my hubby is local heuheu).

Import:










Local:








Share/Save/Bookmark

2 Comments:

  • I don't really agree on this. Cause actually when you said western products = that is not necessarily true. If you go to any other part of the world, the natural apple is just like what we ate backhome in indonesia. But the ones that we saw and labeled "import" are actually the fruit that have been manipulated genetically. Genetic manipulated can be done everywhere :)

    By Blogger Ully, at November 06, 2009 10:00 PM  

  • Really.... I just knew it from u.... I should go abroad someday..to see the real world :)))

    By Blogger Adee, at December 16, 2009 9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home