My Constellations

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Heroes of Might and Magic IV

My favorite game since I was in college. It’s an old game but I still play it until now.
Things I love about Heroes:
  • The game using “turn”, not real time game. You have enough time to think & move for optimum result. You can take a break whenever you feel thirsty, wanna go to toilet, hungry, etc.
  • Lots of creatures with unique abilities and graphics. Many mythical creatures exist in Heroes such as Minotaur, Medusa, Titan, Cyclops, Phoenix, Hydra, Centaur, Cerberus, etc. I love anything connected to Greek Mythology! One day I watch “Lord of The Ring”. Wow, some creatures in that movie is similar with Heroes coz you can see Ghost, Monk, Dragon, Sprite, Dwarf, Orc, Elf, Halfling, etc. I think Frodo is a Halfling, the 1st level creature (low level).
  • Various artifacts you can find to increase Heroes ability.
  • High Score feature to record your achievement. The exciting one is you can compete with your friends to have the highest score.
  • Best result can be gained by setting your heroes abilities. This is the best part. The right combination of artifacts will give you the optimum result.

Thank you Gus, you taught me Stealth ability to my Hero. I was a truly warrior before take advantage of Stealth ability. I choose Fire Guard class for my hero, a combination of strength and magic. Until one day I got a migrant on my right, coz I think too much for combat. I don’t want to loss my troops, one single troop. Even it’s a 1st level creature.

Stealth makes your hero lose pride coz it changed the hero to be a theft. Stealth is effective only if the hero wanderer without any troops. At the beginning I feel this is not me. I wanna a combat to win.

And then I got a perfect strategy.
I change my hero type become Ranger, combination of strength and stealth/scouting. You can steal best artifact and many experience to increase your level rapidly. Then you can fight in melee or range. By bringing many “Immortality potion”, you cannot easily die. The most important thing is you don’t have to worry about losing a troop coz you fight alone (a single fighter)!!! I love this game. My favorite troop was Black Dragon but not anymore..... I work on my own now. It brings me top scorer. I used to compete with Agus, my master game.

Suddenly, he sent sms to me and told me that he beat my score. It’s impossible...I have done my best. No map can be played to get the higher score. Apparently, he used expansion map of Heroes IV!! And I don’t have any expansion maps at all. I don’t need the expansion package just the map file with file type *.h4c. I wish he sent me the file I needed through email. I’m still waiting for your generosity, Gus..... :).

Actually, you can find/use free map on the internet created/designed by people. But it’s not so good. 3DO, the Heroes creator, is the only one who knows very well to create a map coz every detail of its map has a meaning and purpose. Not just placing artifacts or creature here and there...

Share/Save/Bookmark

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home