My Constellations

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Side effect of a Storybook

I went to the bookstore looking for a story book for Calya, my 16 months years’ old daughter. I think she starts to have an ability to communicate bidirectional. She will grab her “Finding Nemo” story book when I said I want to read her a story. She goes to the mirror when I ask her to look in the mirror. She goes to the rubbish can when I ask her to throw the meal trash. My baby turns to be a kid. I believe the positive outcomes we achieve by reading our children a story. It may improve pictorial and verbal memory, vocabulary, verbal fluency, moral learning, and explore imagination and creativity.
Back to the bookstore, Calya interesting in animal instead of human so I pick up a book story title “Ant and Grasshopper”. The weather is hot today so I go to canteen to buy avocado juice. While I am waiting for the order and had nothing to do, I open the storybook that I have bought and start to read it. It’s about a hardworking ant and extravaganza grasshopper. This book teaches us about knowing the value of time, work hard and save food for the hard time. I close the book and looking at the tree outside swinging by the wind. Suddenly I realize of something…
Lately, I feel some hollow in me. Because I don’t state any target clearly for this year. It has some impact for example spending money for nothing. I don’t have to tell u what it is but sometimes we bought something that can amuse us just for a short temporary time. After reading this story, I realize every second of my time is meaningful. I will do my best to take care of my baby. I will focus on her, save money for her future. Stop looking at product catalogue in magazine or internet. Ah…. I feel better now.

Share/Save/Bookmark

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home