My Constellations

Friday, April 07, 2006

“Behind The Scene” that become a Spoiler

I realized this issue rose a couples months ago and the impact still remained. It’s Saturday, the best time to relax and watch TV. I watch an hour duration program called Behind the Scene: The Chronicles of Narnia. The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe.

I thought it would be exciting to watch the film making. I wonder what actually they’re doing. But suddenly there’s something wrong. This is not a common movie. This is a movie with visual effects. Computers play the important role here. They make some characters beside the cast.
When I watch the program, I feel everything is fake. They create the woods, the river, and most of the setting. Even for a simple scene which is crossing the river, just walk through the bridge, the shooting take place in a studio. Play with computer character just like acting in a strange way :). What I’ve seen in the studio is that the actor run, fight, scream, and do acting stuff by him/her self. Just like play with an imaginary friend or the worst case... being crazy :). The rest of it, computer will polish up their acting with the power of Green Screen technique.

Anyway, what is Green Screen?
It’s a term for the filmmaking technique of shooting foreground action (the actors) against a monochromatic background for the purpose of removing the background from the scene and replacing it with a different image or scene. Some people use blue screen or other colors. We can just call it Visual Effect.
After seeing the film making, just like my prediction, I didn’t enjoy the movie. The subtle thing when watching movie is that we feel the movie as if it’s real. The feeling is flat coz I know exactly they did it in a studio. There’s no river at all in the scene when the kids drifted in the river. The studio and computer made it. That’s why in my opinion, “Behind the Scene” can be a spoiler. Make sure you watch the movie at first, not the film making. This warning is especially for the movie with visual effect.

Share/Save/Bookmark

2 Comments:

  • Good idea Jeng :-) Hmmm...I should try to look behind the scene of all horor movie, isn't it ?:)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at April 08, 2006 7:05 PM  

  • Exactly!!!
    That's a good idea!
    Since I love horror... I'll watch the movie at first.
    And you may did the opposite way coz you hate horror..
    :)

    By Blogger Adee, at April 09, 2006 10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home